Planning and Strategy
This is the most important step. Gathering and understanding key business intelligence is paramount to producing a high-performance website. With clarity around your business and its goals, we can develop a site to influence and support your business goals. Many times we find online revenue opportunities that haven’t been uncovered previously.
- We work to understand your products and services
- We gain clarity and an understanding of your business goals. Your business goals determine the goals and the focus of your website. This significantly influences the design, layout and content of your website.
- We learn about your target audience. Information about your customers (age, gender, interests, desires, etc.) help us to determent the best design style for your website. We also analyze your specific client segments. This helps us understand the voice and message that each client segment will respond to best. It helps you know what individual landing pages you will need to reach each segment. This significantly increases lead generation and brand awareness.
- We conduct competitive research. Understanding how your competition looks online and what they are doing helps us know what opportunities exist and how we can leverage them to expand your brand awareness, improve your lead generation tactics, increase client acquisition and market share
We work to identify and understand your competitors. What companies offer similar products and services? Knowing who your competitors are and what they are offering is an important part of building a successful business. We can make your web site stand out from the crowd and respond aggressively to out-perform rival campaigns.
- We help you define your key messages that resonate with your ideal customer. What kind of information are your customers looking for on your website? Key messages are the core of what you communicate to each client segment
Developing Your Site Infrastructure
Once we have gathered your key business intelligence, we are able to develop the website map.
The website map is a design planning tool we use to:
- map out the site architecture – structure, navigation and page hierarchy;
- categorize and group content that will be on your website;
- organize the order of the web pages so your targeted audience can quickly and easily fulfill their search goals
The site structure is responsive and can be changed and updated over time, and therefore properly respond to the evolving and growing needs of your business.
Every web development project starts with the design phase. We use elements of your brand, colors, fonts and much more to bring your web site to life. Good web design is what encourages your customers to explore further into the website. It needs to be simple and user-friendly, but unique and interesting. Our goal is to make your website attractive to your customer, while ensuring all of the technical elements works perfectly. With ongoing collaboration, feedback and approval, we can deliver intuitive navigation, optimal usability, and a rich, cutting-edge design that suits perfectly your business needs and goals.
Visual design is what attracts visitors to explore your website. Your content ensures they will return over and over again.
Back-end programming produces the front-end experience. The function of back-end code is more complex than the front-end. The developer builds an application (using server-side code like PHP, Ruby, Python, .Net etc.) that connects with a database (using MySQL, SQL, Access etc.). The database saves data, provides search, data change and save features. It returns this information back to the user in the form of front-end code. The development phase is the most time-consuming part of building a website.
During the development, test and launch stages, your website is on our development servers. Visitors cannot find it.
Testing and Launching
Before launching your site, it goes through rigorous tests. If we find anything that does not perform as expected, we fix it and test again. Your website is tested in major browsers to be sure it renders as expected to viewers. Your website is also tested across the most popular mobile devices, as well. Once we ensure that everything is functioning perfectly, we present it to you for your final approval. Once you provide the “Okay,” your website will be launched and viewable to the public.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
There was a time when search engine optimization efforts were considered optional. Unfortunately, they are no longer optional if you want your customers and potential customers to be able to find you. Your search engine optimization strategy and efforts ensure your web site is search engine-friendly and that it will rank high in the search results. Targeting the wrong keywords and terms can ruin your business by generating low-quality traffic. Low-quality traffic creates high bounce rates. High bounce rates will kill your search engine rankings, making it very difficult to recover. The goal is to attract visitors that are highly interested in your offering and the content you offer.
Learn more about why search engine optimization is a requirement for websites – it’s in layman’s terms, I promise.
Once your web site is up and running, you’ll need to be sure the code, theme, plugins and third-party scripts are kept up to date. These updates can happen several times a month and during high hacking periods they’ll require updates several times a week. For the convenience and security of our clients, we provide the highest levels of website security, high-speed, 100% uptime hosting services, multiple site backups stored in locations around the US and 24/7 website security. We take care of everything, so you don’t have to.
We’ve created a process that delivers high-performance websites and provides our clients with increased lead generation and revenue. In addition to delivering a beautifully designed work-horse of a website, we work purposefully to ensure you have a pleasant experience, too. We pride ourselves for the business intelligence you discover and leverage as a result of our process, long after your site is launch.
Give us a call or email and let’s see what we can do for your business!